Standard Orders: You can exchange your purchase within 30 days of item receipt and you will receive a credit of the full purchase price of the item. There is a $8 flat exchange fee on all domestic orders to cover shipping expenses plus any difference in item cost, and a $16 flat exchange fee on all international orders to cover shipping expenses plus any difference in item cost. Coupons can not be applied to exchanges.
Custom Orders: Due to significant increases in costs to produce custom made items in NYC we have had to, for the first time in over a decade, update our custom made exchange policy. You can exchange your purchase within 30 days of item receipt and you will receive a credit of the item cost less an exchange fee of 25% of the purchase price. There is a $8 flat exchange fee on all domestic orders to cover shipping expenses plus any difference in item cost, and a $16 flat exchange fee on all international orders to cover shipping expenses plus any difference in item cost. Coupons can not be applied to exchanges.
Standard Orders: You can return your purchase within 15 days of item receipt and you will receive a refund of the original price paid for the item, less our shipping & handling fee and a restocking fee of 10%. If you received free standard shipping on your order, our shipping & handling fee will be deducted from your credit.
Custom Orders: Due to significant increases in costs to produce custom made items in NYC we have had to, for the first time in over a decade, update our custom made return policy. You can return your custom made item purchase within 15 days of item receipt and you will receive a refund of the original price paid for the item, less our shipping & handling fee and a restocking fee of 35%. If you received free standard shipping on your order, our shipping & handling fee will be deducted from your credit.
To ensure customer satisfaction, our jewelry specialists fully inspect each product before it ships. If, however, something is wrong with an order that you just received we certainly want to help you! Please click here for more information.
- The item must be returned to Gemologica within fifteen (15) days of receipt for a refund and thirty (30) days for an exchange. Any items received after this period will not be accepted for refund or exchange.
- Returns received without a return authorization number will not be accepted.
- No returns on items that have been re-sized, engraved or altered from the state in which the item is listed on the site.
- If your order qualified for free shipping, and a return lowers the dollar total of your order below the amount required for free shipping, a shipping charge will be deducted from your refund amount.
Upon receiving your return, the item will be inspected by our Quality Assurance department. Please note that items showing signs of wear, or those that have been re-sized, engraved, altered or damaged in any way cannot be accepted for return. Returns take approximately five business days to process upon receipt of the item.
Refunds: All refunds will be given in the same form as the original payment used for the purchase. Credits to a credit card will be immediately applied upon processing to the original credit card. Please note that it may take 1-2 credit card billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
Exchanges: We will gladly exchange the item being returned if the item is in its original condition and the new item you wish to exchange for is equal to or greater than the item being returned. If the new item is greater than you will be responsible for the difference. We will email you the new balance due if applicable. Coupons can not be applied to exchanges.
1. Request a Return Authorization Number: Please contact customer service using our Contact Form before returning the merchandise to receive a Return Authorization Number (RAN). Our customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday, 9am - 6pm EST. You will be emailed a return authorization number within 48 hours. We will need the following information from you in order for us to issue a RAN:
- Your name and email address
- Order number
- Item number and description of the item being returned
- Reason for return or exchange
No returns will be accepted without a return authorization number.
2. Packaging Your Return Carefully wrap the return item in its original packaging and be sure to include a copy of the email that you receive from our returns department with your RAN.
3. Shipping Your Return You may ship your return package as soon as you receive a RAN from us. Please ship your return using the U.S. Postal Service and insure the package for the full value of the item. We cannot be responsible for packages lost or damaged during return shipping. Therefore, we highly recommend that your return be sent as an insured package.
Returns must be shipped via the U.S. Postal Service only!
We are unable to reimburse for any postage expenses.
If something is wrong with an order you received within 48 hours of your delivery, we certainly want to help you! To ensure the highest possible quality, our jewelry specialists fully inspect each item before it ships. If any item is found defective within 48 hours of your delivery, or has been damaged in shipping, we will replace the item. Abuse or mistreatment causing items to break or be defective will be replaced at your expense.
In the event that you have received a damaged or defective item, please contact our customer service department using our Contact Form and a customer service representative will be happy to help you!
We offer resizing services on custom made ring purchases. We do charge $40 for ring resizings, which includes shipping the item back to you. In some RARE cases, we may not be able to resize a piece (e.g. eternity bands with stones going all the way around the band, or if there is a very large difference between the original size ordered and what is now wanted). If that's the case we'll let you know as soon as the issue is discovered. We can't accept returns of items that have been sized. Having someone else work on a piece also voids the warranty, because these kinds of modifications, when done incorrectly, can damage the gems or the strength of the setting.
In addition to our return policy, we have a 6 month warranty on the craftsmanship of all our jewelry. If you damage a piece or chip or loose a gemstone, we'll be happy to repair it for you or replace the stone for a reasonable fee. Contact Gemologica for more information. Again, ANY modifications made to your original piece by jewelers other than Gemologica will void your warranty.
Fine jewelry is not impervious to normal wear, activities or trauma. This is particularly true for rings since hands are regularly subjected to considerable abuse. We do not provide warranties for damage due to normal wear, product loss, loss of stones or theft. Damage or loss that results from failure to obtain repairs necessary to maintain the integrity of the product are also not covered.
Some examples of common jewelry issues that would not be considered manufacturing defects include but are not limited to the following:
* Discoloration due to exposure to chemicals, make-up, swimming pools, hot tubs or bathing.
* Prongs and precious metals, in general, wear over time and may require building-up or restoration work as normal wear.
* Bent, caught or worn out prongs(s) allowing a stone to fall out or be lost due to normal wear or other damage.
* Lost stone or a stone has fallen out due to chipping or breaking caused by normal wear or other damage.
If you have any questions about our Return & Exchange Policy, please feel free to contact us at Contact Form